1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime. It is all the more important to take your health into your own hands. Therefore: Check your boobs! Preferably on the first of the month #feelitonthefirst, or one week after the start of your period.
That's how it works:
1. Raise your arm and use your fingers to examine your entire chest and your armpit.
2. First work radially from the inside to the outside
3. Then move your fingers in a circular motion around the breast area
4. Feel in wavy lines across your entire chest and armpit
Watch for symptoms during self-examination. If you notice one or more signs, make an appointment with your gynecologist.
Look out for the following symptoms:
1. Unusually red patches of skin on the breast area or unusual enlargement of a breast
2. Pinched nipple and/or discharge
3. Uneven skin or unusual orange peel skin
4. A painless, palpable lump in the chest or armpit